Check out the latest news from MACIPA
Mount Auburn Cambridge Independent Practice Association (MACIPA) has been named to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care 15th annual Physician Group Honor Roll.
The Harvard Pilgrim Honor Roll highlights physician groups that have achieved exceptional results in disease prevention and the treatment of acute and chronic illness for both adult and pediatric patients.
MACIPA was selected to the Honor Roll based on clinical performance measured against national standards set by HEDIS® (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set), a tool developed for the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to assess clinical performance.
MACIPA was identified as an Honor Roll group based on performance on 15 measures:
- Adolescent Well-Care Visits
- Annual Monitoring for Patients on Persistent Medications
- Antidepressant Medication Management (continuation)
- Appropriate Testing for Children with Pharyngitis
- Appropriate Treatment for Children with Upper Respiratory Infection
- Avoidance of Antibiotic Treatment for Adults with Acute Bronchitis
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Chlamydia Screening in Women
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care: Hemoglobin A1c tested
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care: Medical attention for nephropathy
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Dependence Treatment (rate2)
- Medication Management for People With Asthma
- Use of Imaging for Low Back Pain
- Well-Child Visits in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Years of Life